The Black Digital Noise is our pathological brainchild. A unique noise module that makes wide range of noise effects; almost pure white noise, Atari console-like one bit noise and other crazy, more or less predictable sounds. At the heart of the module is a programmable logic matrix that includes two linear feedback shift registers that generate polynomial noise effects.
- Wide range of noise effects (pure white noise to 1bit & 4bit vintage computer style noises)
- Two polynomial feedback shift registers with CV control to set noise character
- Adjustable noise frequency
- External clock in - can follow frequency of VCO
- Sync feature - polynomial reset
- Can process audio signals (Even voice!)
- Inputs/outputs are protected against over-voltage
- Diode protection on reversed power supply
Similar noise generation scheme was used in several classical drum machines, and technology comes from techniques used in data scrambling.
Info from Erica Synths