Tamed Random Source
SAPÈL is composed of two main sections, one that generates audio noises, in 4 different version, and another which includes two specular random clock, random voltages and clock sources.
Noise outputs are color coded, based on the noise colors, and includes:
* blue (+3dB/oct spectrum)
* white noise (0dB/oct spectrum)
* pink noise (-3dB/oct spectrum)
* red noise, also known and brown or brownian (-6dB/oct spectrum).
Each of the two random sources section features four random CV generation paths, divided in:
* fluctuating random voltage;
* quantized random voltage with 2n stages tuned in semitones referred to 1V/oct scale;
* quantized random voltage with n+1 stages tuned in octaves referred to 1V/oct scale;
* non quantized sample & hold.
It is also possible to set a probability distribution with a potentiometer, and apply (or do not apply) the chosen distribution setting to each of the four paths independently.
Furthermore, each of the two random sources section features a main clock generation section, with clock output and random clock output, which can be used in “more than” or “less than” mode. It is possible to use an external clock signal as a clock source, bypassing the built-in clock generator. In addition to that, it is also possible to hand trigger the clock via a manual sample & hold button, which can be also modulated by gate signals.
Info from Frap Tools