Dual VCO with waveshaper
Back in black.
- 30 HP width, up to 1" in depth (super slim and therefore skiff friendly)
- All analog signal path inspired by and based on famous west coast synthesis — a module within the idea of harmonic generation based on additive synthesis theory
- 2 discrete OTA triangle-core VCOs both with hard- (resetable) and soft- (inverting) syncs. The cores are self made custom encapsulated circuits with decent results of tracking (up to 6 octaves) as well as fine temperature stability
- Selectable tracking (1 or 1.2 v/oct) by setting a jumper (we believe at last a few wigglers will appreciate that)
- Bolted potentiometers, wobble free for heavy duty
- Multi-turn frequency knobs sweep up to 10 octaves
- Oscillator tuners that simply always work
- Of course, RoHS and cat friendly
The harmonical section of the carrier oscillator involves a complex chain of waveshapers, crossfaders, wavefolder as well as the "Mood Index" with amplitude-, balanced-, frequency- and timbre-modulation.
Every parameter is voltage controlled, interacts with and depends on each others position.
The whole scheme is a bit complex for immediate understanding. We consider the better way to understand it, is to start with forgetting about the waveforms – just explore it.
Info from ModularGrid